Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I Should've Known Better

Sometimes, in the course of my everyday life, I have flashes of insight. I have learned through painful experience to pay attention when this happens. Why, oh why, do I sometimes ignore thoughts that would prevent disaster? Are all humans so slow to learn?

Today I was on the phone, talking to my favorite daughter, when I decided to go lie on the hammock in the backyard. I noticed a small tear in the fabric and briefly contemplated the wisdom of getting on (this would have been an ideal time to listen to the voices in my head). Somehow I thought that if the fabric were to rip it would happen slowly. Of course the minute I got on the hammock I was on the metal support bar and concrete underneath it. I am now in moderate to extreme pain. There are red lines across my back from the metal bar and pain shooting down my left arm from my shoulder. I must have somehow twisted as I landed because the right side of my lower back hurts when I move and is tender when touched. Also my neck and head are throbbing. Oh well, that's life I suppose. I'll end this post on a high note with something that is guaranteed to ease my pain.











2 comments:

  1. That hurts to just read About :/ I do like your brand of painkiller, thought. I'd even go as far as to say it's EXACTLY your brand of painkiller.

    ReplyDelete