Sunday, August 8, 2010

I Declare Vegetarianism!

In January of 1993, I became a strict vegan. After several months, and every variation of beans known to man, I added small amounts of eggs and dairy back into my life. (Cheese, glorious cheese!) I stayed on this path for a solid decade. Several years ago, on a dare from my son, I tasted chicken once again. Imagine my surprise when I didn't projectile vomit across the room. Chicken was, apparently, my gateway drug. Pretty soon I was a hardcore meat-eater.

Today I have decided that I am ready to go veg again. Why today? I've been restless this summer, and honestly, I've been thinking about doing this, on and off, for the last few years. I also just ate a really big burger for lunch and I feel like it was the final destination in my omnivoric* adventure. So, I am once again on a vegetarian path.

* I don't really think omnivoric is a word, but I like the way it sounds in my head.

2 comments:

  1. Yay veggies! Let's go have a "real" veggie meal next time we go out (in addition to our coffee ritual).

    ReplyDelete