Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Old Man Is Snoring

It doesn't rain often enough on the desert. I'm sitting here listening to a nice storm, wishing for the summer to end. I guess summer is nice if you live somewhere else, but here it sucks... and I am done. I'm ready for cool breezes and gray skies. I want to go to sleep and awaken the next day to a sky that doesn't require sunglasses at 5:30 a.m. Really, that's just gross.

Why are all of the popular songs about rain so negative? The songwriters must be from London or the pacific northwest, because if I wrote a song about rain, I would call it, "Rainy Days and Weekends Always Get Me Up." No offense to The Carpenters, but I think mine sounds better. Also, I apparently have a talent for song titling. (Is that a word? IDK.)

I wonder why Rainn Wilson has that extra n in his name. I mean if you're going to name your kid rain, just go for it. Don't try to soften the blow by adding an extra n. It's like the people who name their kid Skye. How does the e make it better? If you are giving your kid a crazy name, own it. Like the actor whose kid is named Apple. No extra letters necessary. Putting an extra l in there wouldn't make it better. Applle? Same thing, really.



Rain, rain don't go away...

1 comment:

  1. I love the rain, too. I get SO HAPPY when it rains, which is pretty much the opposite of what is SUPPOSED to happen. The hazards of growing up in the desert, I suppose.
    I think I'm going to name my kid Applle now.

    ReplyDelete